No-bake lemon pie is a light and creamy pie bursting with refreshing lemony flavor. It’s sweet and zingy all at the same time! This pie is easy to make and is the perfect spring or summer dessert!
Give me lemon ANYTHING! Lemon is one of my all-time favorite ingredients to brighten the flavors in any recipe. It brightens, lightens, and intensifies both sweet and savory dishes. I love it in this pasta, this chicken recipe, and paired with blueberries in this delicious bread.
No-Bake Lemon Pie
Lemon desserts make everyone happy and this one is a keeper! This no-bake lemon pie starts with a sweet buttery graham cracker crust and has the creamiest lemon filling. The filling is a combination of lemon jello and whipping topping, making this the easiest pie ever. It’s a perfect marriage of sweet and tart that will taste like a piece of heaven in your mouth!
I just love a good pie and I love a good lemon dessert. The combination of sweet and tart is my absolute favorite! These are some of my favorite lemon pie recipes you have to try. They’re all so unique and different like this lemon chess pie or my lemonade pie. But if you need an easy but delicious lemon pie, try this lemon pudding pie.
Ingredients For No-Bake Lemon Pie
I love the flavor of lemon because it adds so much tang and flavor to food. This is such an easy dessert to make ahead. Grab the ingredients to keep on hand until you’re ready to make it! Follow the recipe card below for exact measurements.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Graham Crackers: Crushed to use for the crust.
- Sugar: Sweeten the pie just a bit with a little bit of white sugar.
- Butter: Adds moisture to the crumbs to make a buttery crust.
- Lemon Jello: One package of boxed lemon jello.
- Water: We use both boiling water and cold water in this recipe.
- Ice Cubes: Makes the water cold enough to help the gelatin set faster.
- Whipped Topping: Store-bought cool whip makes this easy so easy!
- Lemon Juice: Fresh is always best!
- Lemon Zest: Adds extra zesty zing because it really brings out the lemon flavor.
How to Make No-Bake Lemon Pie
Not only is this no-bake lemon pie so delicious and refreshing, but it’s also one of the easiest pies to make because you don’t even have to turn on your oven. The hardest thing about making this pie is waiting for it to set in the refrigerator before being able to eat it. Follow my step-by-step instructions below on the recipe card.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Pulse the Graham Crackers: Using a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until you have fine crumbs.
- Mix Together the Graham Cracker Crumbs, Sugar, and Melted Butter: Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Mix in the melted butter and stir until it resembles wet sand.
- Press Into the Pan: Press the crust into a 9-inch pie dish and place it in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve the Jello and Boiling Water: In a large bowl, add the boiling water and gelatin powder. Stir until the gelatin completely dissolves.
- Add Cold Water and Ice Cubes: Add the cold water and the ice cubes, and stir until the gelatin is slightly thickened. This step is important otherwise, the mixture won’t set up if you add the cool whip before the gelatin has cooled and thickened a bit.
- Add Whipped Topping, Lemon Juice, and Zest: Add the whipped topping to the gelatin and then whisk together until smooth. Mix in lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour Into Pie Crust and Chill: Pour the filling into the chilled crust and refrigerate for 6 hours or until the filling has set completely.
- Garnish With Lemon: Top with lemon slices and zest before serving.
Tips For Perfect Pie
This is an easy no-bake lemon pie that you will love to make. Especially when you don’t have to turn on your oven! Here are a few extra tips to keep in mind so your pie turns out perfectly!
- Make Sure the Gelatin Dissolves: Be sure to let the jello fully dissolve in the hot water before adding the cold water and ice cubes. If it’s not completely dissolved you will end up with grainy, goopy gelatin that won’t mix well with the whipped topping.
- Don’t Skip the Ice Cubes: The ice cubes are a must! It helps the gelatin to thicken quicker before adding the cool whip. Otherwise, it won’t set up and it will be runny and soupy.
- Use Fresh Lemon: Use fresh lemon juice for this recipe. Bottled lemon juice won’t have the bright, fresh flavor that this pie really needs to be as delicious and refreshing as it is!
- Make Homemade Whipped Topping: If you would like to use homemade whipped cream, whip up 1 ½ cups of cold heavy whipping cream with 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar to medium-stiff peaks. Use this in place of the whipped topping, just know that it won’t be quite as stable and will break down faster.
Storing Leftover Pie
This no-bake lemon pie won’t last long! But if you have leftovers, just make sure to keep it covered so it stays fresh! Here are my tips on storing leftovers.
- In the Refrigerator: Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. The filling will begin to soften after 3 days.
prep 6 hours 30 minutes total 6 hours 30 minutes
prep 15 minutes cook 1 hour total 1 hour 15 minutes
prep 1 hour 15 minutes cook 35 minutes total 1 hour 50 minutes
prep 10 minutes cook 10 minutes total 20 minutes
prep 1 hour cook 25 minutes total 2 hours 25 minutes
prep 5 minutes total 5 minutes
prep 20 minutes cook 25 minutes total 45 minutes
prep 10 minutes cook 10 minutes total 3 hours 20 minutes
Graham Cracker Crust:
Graham Cracker Crust:
Using a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until you have fine crumbs.
Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Mix in the melted butter and stir until it resembles wet sand.
Press the crust into a 9-inch pie dish and place it in the refrigerator.
In a large bowl, add the boiling water and gelatin powder. Stir until the gelatin completely dissolves.
Add the cold water and the ice cubes, and stir until the gelatin is slightly thickened. This step is important otherwise, the mixture won’t set up if you add the cool whip before the gelatin has cooled and thickened a bit.
Add the whipped topping to the gelatin and then whisk together until smooth. Mix in lemon juice and lemon zest.
Pour the filling into the chilled crust and refrigerate for 6 hours or until the filling has set completely.
Top with lemon slices and zest before serving.
Original Post on March 16, 2017
Serving1sliceCalories267kcal (13%)Carbohydrates28g (9%)Protein2g (4%)Fat17g (26%)Saturated Fat11g (55%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat4gTrans Fat0.5gCholesterol31mg (10%)Sodium219mg (9%)Potassium72mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar19g (21%)Vitamin A377IU (8%)Vitamin C5mg (6%)Calcium39mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.