There’s almost nothing better than a delicious bowl of pasta packed with flavor. If you’ve been a long-time AK reader you know I love to throw a good noodle in soups, one pan meals, skillet dinners and more. We’re skipping Olive Garden and getting down with over 20 healthier pasta recipes that make the perfect dinner.
Reasons to fall in love with these healthy pasta recipes
Once you try them I can guarantee they’ll be instant favorites. I love quick and easy noodle and pasta recipes because:
- Pasta is inexpensive. You can frequently get plenty of noodles in a box for under $2, which makes pasta a wonderful weeknight dinner option when budgeting. Stock your pantry so you can whip up a yummy, healthy pasta recipe any night.
- Hello, variety. As you’ll see from this roundup we have everything from lasagna and spaghetti noodles to orzo and couscous. The options are endless.
- It’s the perfect base. Pasta is neutral in flavor, so it’s perfect for adding your favorite veggies, sauces, proteins and more. It’s also delicious hot or cold (hello, pasta salad season) so the leftovers are amazing.
What can I add to pasta to make it healthier?
You might be wondering what makes these pasta recipes healthier and the answer is: adding!
- Boost the veggies. Many of these healthy pasta recipes have lots of veggies even if you don’t necessarily see them. What’s great about pasta is that you can easily add tons of greens and other veggies to make them nutrient dense.
- Lighten up the sauce. I also lighten up the sauces used in these pasta recipes by using a little bit less of things like butter, cheese, and oil, though these things are often still included (and are completely delicious).
- Pack the protein & fiber. These healthy pasta recipes also pack plenty of protein and fiber to keep you feeling satisfied longer. Post-workout pasta, anyone? You’ll find healthy pasta recipes with chicken, fish, ground turkey, and plant-based proteins.
- Adjust based on diet preference. I’ve included tons of delicious, unique vegetarian and vegan pasta recipes that all have great sources of plant-based protein! Many of the recipe can be adjusted to be vegan or vegetarian, too, and you can always feel free to use gluten free noodles.
What to serve with healthy pasta recipes for dinner
Many of these easy noodle recipes serve 4-6, but you can easily feed more by adding some yummy sides! Here are some great recipes to serve with pasta:
And when in doubt, make it a kid’s night by pairing a good old mac & cheese with my crispy baked chicken nuggets. I hope you love these easy, healthy pasta recipes! If you make any of them I’d love for you to leave a rating and comment on the recipe so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
V = vegan recipe
Veg. = vegetarian recipe
Veggie-packed pasta salads
Cozy soups with pasta
Hearty baked pasta recipes
Stir fry noodle recipes
Mac and cheese & classic pasta recipes
Fun & creative pasta recipes
If you make any of these healthier pasta recipes be sure to leave a comment and rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it! Really appreciate it – xo!