This easy and unique Fruit Cream recipe is a super simple dessert featuring fresh seasonal fruits, whipped cream, honey and flavorings. It delivers plenty of flavor and can be prepared within minutes with your favorite fruits. Serve the cream fruit salad chilled or straight away.
About Fruit Cream
Fruit cream a.k.a fruit salad with cream or cream fruit salad is a wonderful dessert option because it is quick and easy to make. This dessert features mixed fruits and whipped cream.
For the fruit, I decided to include bananas, pears, dragon fruit, pomegranate and blueberries. The flavors paired together perfectly!
One thing I love about this dessert is the fact that it includes scented rose water. This adds a delicious subtle rosy flavor that compliments each fruit really well.
Plus you don’t need to add too much of rose water as the delicate fragrance can offset the balance of the dish when added more.
If you do not have any rose water on hand then you can swap it with vanilla or citrusy orange zest instead. These ingredients also act to enhance the flavors in this dessert.
You have a few options when it comes to the fruit. Feel free to add mangoes, berries, jujubes, apples, figs, kiwis and sapota (chikoo). The most important thing is that you cut the fruits into bite-sized pieces so that the dessert is easy to eat.
Avoid highly acidic fruits like oranges as they do not pair well with dairy. In addition, watery fruits like melons should be avoided too because they will release water into the dessert and affect the texture of the whipped cream by making it runny.
How to Make Fruit Cream
1. First rinse and prep the fruits that you will be adding to the dessert. Chop them into small cubes or chunks. If you are using smaller berries add them whole but if you are adding strawberries then chop them first.
Add 1 cup of cold whipping cream, ¼ cup of honey and 1 tablespoon of rose water to a bowl.
Tip: If you are not a fan of honey then you can use maple syrup, icing sugar or powdered sugar. Instead of rose water, you can add vanilla extract.
2. Whip until you see soft peaks.
Tip: It usually takes about a few minutes of whisking at a medium speed to get soft peaks.
3. Add chopped fruits that you like. I have added the following fruits:
- 1 dragon fruit
- ⅓ to ½ cup of blueberries (can swap with strawberries or blackberries)
- 1 banana
- 1 pear (can replaces with apple)
- ⅓ cup of pomegranate arils.
If it is mango season then add mangoes as they add a delicious tropical flavor to the fruit cream dessert.
4. Gently fold the mixture with the chopped fruits.
5. Serve fruit cream straight away or you can opt to chill it for a couple of hours before serving.
For more flavor garnish it with 1 tablespoon of chopped pistachios, some pomegranate arils and zest from 1 orange.
I recommend adding orange zest as it gives nice citrusy notes to the dessert. Feel free to add chopped or slivered nuts that you like instead of pistachios.
You can opt to drizzle some honey or maple syrup or caramel syrup on top if you like.
- Vegan: It is so easy to make a vegan version of this dessert. Use coconut cream or cashew cream instead of dairy whipping cream for the base and drizzle maple syrup on top instead of honey.
- Fruits: Though it is easy to adapt this recipe you should avoid certain fruits. Water based fruits like melons will not work well in fruit cream salad and will cause the cream to become runny. You want avoid this as it will affect the overall texture of the dessert. Acidic fruits should also be avoided as they do not pair well with dairy products.
- Fruit puree: You can also use fruit puree to flavor the cream. Mango, strawberry, and raspberry puree pair well with whipping cream. If you decide to add fruit puree then gently fold in the puree after adding the whipping cream. Then add the chopped mixed fruits and follow the rest of the recipe.
- Additions: It is really easy to adapt this dessert to suit your taste. If you want to add some crunch then chop some nuts and add them after mixing the fruit and cream. You can also add dried fruits for extra sweetness or flavor the dessert by adding cardamom powder, grated nutmeg, ground cinnamon powder, ground pumpkin spice or vanilla extract.
- Batches: Feel free to half, double or triple the quantity of this dessert depending on how many people you intend to feed.
Which fruits to avoid?
1. Do not include watery fruits like melons as they will thin the cream if you want to store the dessert for a few hours in the refrigerator.
2. Avoid adding citrus fruits as they do not pair well with dairy and can give stomach discomforts.
3. Keep in mind not to add pineapple as the cream will taste bitter if you refrigerate the dessert.
Fruit cream is a popular dessert option that is made with whipped cream and fresh fruits. It can usually be made in about 15 to 20 minutes as it is made with seasonal fruits, cream and needs little preparation.
Fruit salad dessert is best served once it has been made however, it can last up to one day in the fridge.
You can cut up the fruit the night before but some fruits may turn brown due to oxidization. If you do decide to cut the fruit the night before then place them in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Fruit Cream Recipe (Cream Fruit Salad)
This easy Fruit Cream recipe is a super simple dessert that delivers flavor and can be made in minutes using a handful of ingredients. It can be served chilled or straightaway.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 0 mins
Total Time 15 mins
First rinse and prep the fruits. Set the chopped fruits aside.
Take cream, honey or maple syrup and rose water in a bowl.
Whip till you get soft peaks.
Add the chopped fruits.
Gently fold the fruits with the whipped cream.
Serve straightaway or you can chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. Serve fruit cream in bowls garnished with orange zest, chopped pistachios, pomegranate arils. You can also add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup on top of the dessert if you like.
- Choice of Fruits: You can easily adapt this recipe to your choice of fruits, but avoid water based fruits like melons. These do not work well in fruit cream and will cause the cream to become runny. Also avoid acidic fruits as they do not pair well with dairy products. Do not add pineapples as the cream will taste bitter if the fruit cream is refrigerated for some hours.
- Vegan version: Use coconut cream or cashew cream instead of dairy whipping cream for the base and drizzle maple syrup on top instead of honey.
- Variations: You can also opt to use fruit puree to flavor the cream. Mango, strawberry, and raspberry puree pair well with whipping cream. If you decide to add fruit puree then gently fold in the puree after adding the whipping cream. Then add the chopped mixed fruits and follow the rest of the recipe.
- Nuts and Spices: If you want to add some crunch then chop some nuts and add them after mixing the fruit and cream. You can also add dried fruits for extra sweetness or flavor the fruit cream by adding cardamom powder, grated nutmeg, ground cinnamon powder, ground pumpkin spice or vanilla extract.
- Scaling: It is easy to halve, double or triple the quantity of this dessert depending on your needs.
Fruit Cream Recipe (Cream Fruit Salad)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 18g113%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Vitamin A 1242IU25%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 16mg19%
Vitamin D 1µg7%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin K 12µg11%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 26µg7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This Fruit Cream recipe from the blog archives first published in January 2022 has been updated and republished on April 2023.