Creamy Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a quick and easy dinner idea that you can make with only 6 ingredients! You’ll love this take on the viral TikTok recipe, packed with bold, cheesy, garlicky flavor.
If you love the savory, garlicky flavors of this dish, try my Garlic Bread Pasta, too!
Table of Contents
Creamy Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
This is my take on the TikTok-famous Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta! There’s a reason why the original recipe went viral, and that’s because it’s totally delicious. 1000% worth the hype. All you need for this version is 6 ingredients, including Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan sauce, pasta, grilled chicken, and cream cheese. This quick and easy pasta dinner is a meal-in-one packed with bold flavor in the creamiest sauce ever! Garlic parmesan dressing turns everything it touches into garlicky, savory gold. I’m convinced.
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Easy ingredients. We’re using a whole bottle of BWW Garlic Parmesan sauce and just a handful of other ingredients to make this dish. Some TikTok recipes use heavy cream, but I opted for cream cheese to give this recipe a rich, tangy kick.
- Quick. If you’re short on time on any given weeknight, this is the chicken pasta for you. The whole dish is ready in under one hour, and that’s including the time it takes to grill your chicken.
- Bold flavor. The sauce is cheesy, garlicky, and deliciously creamy. If you’ve ever visited Buffalo Wild Wings and had a side of their garlic parmesan dipping sauce, I’m sure your mouth is watering already. If not, prepare to be obsessed with the flavors in this dish.
What You’ll Need
Below is a quick rundown of the ingredients you’ll need to make the viral Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan chicken pasta. Remember to scroll to the recipe card for the full ingredient amounts and recipe instructions.
- Chicken: I recommend using boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenders, or thighs, as they’ll grill up quickly.
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Seasoning: Use your favorite store-bought seasoning blend. Otherwise, you can season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cream Cheese: You’ll need one 8-ounce block of regular cream cheese. Take the cream cheese out of the fridge about 30 minutes ahead of time, so that it can soften to room temperature. If you don’t have cream cheese, use heavy cream instead (the sauce will just be a bit thinner).
- Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce: This is the bottled version of the famous dipping sauce from the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant chain (see below). You can find it in the condiment aisle at major grocery stores, or order it online.
- Heavy Cream: To thin out the sauce a little. You can also use milk if you’d prefer.
- Parmesan: For an even more cheesy flavor, I top this pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Pasta: I love making this recipe with rotini or penne pasta, or another short pasta that really picks up a lot of sauce. You can use any type of pasta you prefer, such as ziti, farfalle, elbow macaroni, or even a long pasta like fettucini or linguine.
What Is Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce?
This BWW sauce blends roasted garlic, parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, and a hint of heat from red chilies. It’s a popular dipping sauce offered at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurants, and it has a bold flavor that goes great on everything from grilled meats to burgers. As it turns out, it’s totally delicious in pasta recipes, too!
How to Make Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
I make this recipe with grilled chicken and it turns out extra-flavorful with an irresistible hint of char. Then it’s just a matter of bringing everything together in that outrageously mouthwatering garlic parmesan sauce! Let’s get this flavor party started:
- Grill the chicken. Trim and season the chicken, and then grill the chicken on a hot grill (or grill pan) for 5 minutes per side until cooked through. Check that the internal temperature is 165ºF at the thickest part.
- Cook the pasta. Next, boil your pasta of choice according to the package directions, until it’s al dente.
- Make the sauce. First, you’ll melt butter and cream cheese together in a large pot or skillet. Stir in the Garlic Parmesan sauce, then add some heavy cream to the bottle and give it a shake before emptying it into the pan. We want ALL of that sauce in our pasta! Dump in your grated parmesan and stir everything together.
- Combine. Dice up your grilled chicken and toss that into the pan. Follow that up with your cooked and drained pasta. Give everything one good, final stir, and then serve! See below for delicious serving ideas.
Tips for Success
This Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan chicken pasta is one of those weeknight meals that you can throw together without much effort. Here are some final tips:
- Grilling is optional. You can prepare your chicken however you’d like, whether you bake it, pan-fry it, or even use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the store.
- If you can’t find BWW Garlic Parmesan sauce, you can make this pasta recipe with any garlic parmesan sauce that you can find where you live.
- Don’t overcook the sauce. Overheating the sauce runs the risk of the dairy splitting or curdling.
There are loads of ways that you can adapt the ingredients and flavors of this recipe:
- Homemade pasta. If you’d like to make your own pasta, have a super simple recipe for homemade egg noodles that you can try.
- Add veggies. You can easily add some color and more flavor to this recipe by adding your favorite veggies. Sauteed red bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, onions, and mushrooms are all good options.
- Up the spice. The Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan sauce already contains a chili kick, but if you’d prefer a spicier dish, sprinkle in some crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or a dash of your favorite hot sauce.
- Different protein. Make this recipe with another type of protein like beef or shrimp.
- Vegetarian. To make a vegetarian version of this garlic parmesan pasta, leave out the chicken altogether or replace it with veggies (see above).
What to Serve With Garlic Chicken Parmesan Pasta
I love protein-packed pasta recipes like this creamy chicken pasta because it’s basically a meal in itself! If you’re looking for some easy side dish inspiration, try these ideas:
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
- Fridge. Store any leftover garlic chicken parmesan pasta airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, warm portions on the stovetop over low heat, or you can zap them in the microwave for a minute or two.
- Freeze. You can freeze leftover pasta, too, however, the texture might change a little once it’s defrosted. Make sure that your chicken pasta is cooled completely, then store it in an airtight container and keep it frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw the pasta in the fridge before reheating.
More Chicken Pasta Recipes
Creamy Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a quick and easy dinner packed with bold flavor, made with only 6 ingredients!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Chicken seasoning blend (use your personal favorite, or simply salt and pepper)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (12-ounce) jar Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound rotini or penne pasta
- Trim the chicken breasts of excess fat. Drizzle with olive oil and season with your favorite seasoning blend.
- Preheat your propane grill or grill pan and grill the chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F. (see note). Cover and set the chicken aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and the cream cheese together, stirring frequently. Add in the Parmesan Garlic sauce.
- Pour the heavy cream into the empty bottle of Parmesan Garlic sauce, screw the lid back on tight and shake, getting all the extra sauce from the bottle.
- Add that heavy cream mixture and the grated cheese into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Dice the cooked chicken up and mix that into the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add the pasta into the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
- *You can cook the chicken however you would like. You can bake it, saute it, or even use a store bought rotisserie chicken. We like to grill the chicken, but it’s not mandatory for this easy recipe.
- Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat on the stove top on low heat, or in the microwave.
Keywords: buffalo wild wings garlic parmesan chicken pasta, garlic parmesan chicken pasta, chicken pasta recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
PIN for later: