If you’re looking for the perfect fall appetizer that just about anyone will love, then look no further — your girl made you apple and brie crostini layered with prosciutto, zippy arugula, black pepper and a drizzle of my new favorite thing on earth: HOT HONEY.
This crostini was inspired by one of my favorite coffee shops here in Chicago, which also happens to make ridiculously good cookies and sandwiches. A few years ago I decided to take their new sandwich and transform it into an easy-to-make crostini that will blow ya mind. Plus they only take about 15 minutes to throw together!
The flavor combo is perfectly sweet, a little savory, a little spicy, and absolutely amazing. Perfect for fall get-togethers and to keep in your back pocket for when the holidays roll around!
Apple & brie crostini ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make these delicious, easy apple and brie crostini. The hot honey truly makes them out-of-this-world delicious, so don’t skip it! Here’s what you need:
- French baguette: the base of the crostini that will hold up all of the yummy toppings and gets nice and toasted.
- Brie cheese: we’re using gooey and delicious brie in this recipe because the flavor pairs perfectly with the apple, prosciutto and honey.
- Apple: I like to use a honeycrisp or granny smith apple for a nice juicy crunch.
- Prosciutto: love the sweet and savory combo these crostini have thanks to prosciutto. Bacon would also be amazing!
- Arugula: for a bit of zippy peppery freshness and to make the crostini extra pretty.
What is hot honey?
Hot honey is exactly what it sounds like: spicy honey! My version just requires honey and a little of your favorite hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper to make the hot honey. Then you’ll get it warm and drizzle it on these crostini. SO GOOD.
Trust me you’re going to want to put this hot honey on everything — from sandwiches to your morning avocado toast.
Apple and brie crostini in 4 easy steps
- Prep your bread. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on top. If you can’t fit them all, you’ll need to use two baking sheets.
- Bake it up. Add slices of brie cheese to each crostini and bake for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Assemble the crostini. Top with an apple slice, a piece of prosciutto, and a few pieces of arugula.
- Drizzle & serve. Make the hot honey in the microwave, then drizzle it over the crostini and serve them up!
Customize these apple & brie crostini
These easy apple and brie crostini are great for customizing to your taste preferences! Here’s what I can recommend in terms of ingredient swaps:
- Choose your cheese. If you’re not a fan of brie, feel free to use fontina, havarti or gruyere.
- Mix up your fruit. Try pear slices, fresh figs, pomegranate seeds, or even your favorite jam.
- Keep them vegetarian. Simply leave off the prosciutto.
How to prep crostini ahead of time
I wouldn’t recommend fully making the crostini ahead of time, but you can slice your baguette and brie slices a day or two ahead so that they’re a breeze to assemble!
You can also feel free to make your hot honey ahead of time so that you can drizzle and serve the crostini quickly.
These easy apple and brie crostini are really best when enjoyed the day of (and especially warm), but if you have any leftovers feel free to store them in the refrigerator. Feel free to enjoy any leftovers cold, at room temp, or re-warmed in the oven.
More appetizers you’ll love
I hope you love these apple & brie crostini with hot honey! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Apple & Brie Crostini with Hot Honey
Incredible apple and brie crostini with prosciutto, fresh arugula and a drizzle of homemade hot honey. These easy brie crostini are the perfect combination of sweet, savory and spicy. A wonderful appetizer for the holidays!
- For the crostini:
- 1 french baguette, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
- 8 ounces brie cheese, sliced (you’ll need as many slices as crostini slices you have)
- 1 large honeycrisp or granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into 20 pieces and rolled
- 1 cup arugula
- For the hot honey:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (or sub a pinch of cayenne pepper)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on top. If you can’t fit them all, you’ll need to use two baking sheets.
Add slices of brie cheese to each crostini and bake for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted. Top with an apple slice, a piece of prosciutto and a few leaves of arugula.
Make the hot honey: add honey and hot sauce to a small bowl, microwave for 10-15 seconds. Drizzle honey over the crostini. Serve immediately. Makes approximately 20-24 crostini.
- If you’re not a fan of brie, feel free to use fontina, havarti or gruyere.
- Feel free to mix up your fruit and try pear slices, fresh figs or pomegranate seeds, or even your favorite jam.
- If you’re vegetarian, simply leave off the prosciutto.
Serving: 1crostiniCalories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 4.2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2.3gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 3.2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on November 27th, 2020, republished on November 20th, 2022, and republished on September 4th, 2023.