If you’re looking for a quick meal that everyone loves, these are a family favorite!
Shrimp Tacos combine juicy, seasoned shrimp with fresh, crunchy veggies and your fave toppings for an easy weeknight wonder.
Tuck them into corn (or flour) tortillas and create a taco bar for a fun take on taco night.
An Easy Weeknight Meal
- Shrimp is a protein that is quick to cook making this dish come together FAST!
- Tuck these into flour or corn tortillas (or even turn them into a shrimp taco salad).
- Add in lots of fresh veggies to make them healthy and flavorful!
Ingredients for Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp: Shrimp are a lean, flavorful protein that cooks up quickly. Choose peeled and deveined shrimp (with the tails removed) for easy prep.
- Taco seasoning: Adds a burst of zesty, smoky flavor. Use homemade taco seasoning or store bought.
- Tortillas: I love the flavor of corn tortillas but flour tortillas (or even crispy taco shells) work too!
- Cilantro slaw: A vibrant blend of shredded cabbage, carrots, and a light dressing, it gives a satisfying crunch and a refreshing tanginess.
- Lime: A squeeze over the top brightens up the flavors, adding a bit of acidity that ties the whole dish together.
How to Cook Shrimp for Tacos
For the best-tasting slaw, prepare it well ahead of time and keep refrigerated so the flavors can all blend. Once the dressing is prepared, use only enough to keep the slaw coated but not soaking so it stays crisp and crunchy!
- Peel and devein the shrimp (and remove tails if desired). Mix with taco seasoning, garlic, and lime juice.
- On a hot skillet or grill, cook shrimp until they are pink.
- Scoop slaw into warm tortillas and add shrimp and desired toppings.
Toppings for Shrimp Tacos
Serve this easy shrimp taco recipe with your favorite toppings or create a taco bar for your next get-together!
- Sauces: Add guacamole, or drizzle with hot sauce, sour cream, or homemade salsa.
- Fresh: Add the cabbage slaw below or your favorite coleslaw. Try a few slices of avocado or radishes.
- Flavorful: Olives, jalapenos, extra lime wedges, cilantro. Our fish taco sauce makes a great shrimp taco sauce too!
Did you make these Shrimp Tacos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
These spicy shrimp tacos are the perfect go-to for last-minute get-togethers or dinner at home!
For the slaw, in a medium bowl, mix together green and purple cabbage, cilantro, mayonnaise, and cumin. Refrigerate.
In a separate bowl, combine shrimp with taco seasoning, lime juice, and garlic powder.
In a pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the seasoned shrimp in a single layer. Using tongs, cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side until they’re pink and cooked through.
Warm the corn tortillas over an open flame or follow package instructions.
Fill each warm tortilla with slaw and cooked shrimp, adding any other desired toppings.
Spice things up by adding some chopped jalapeños or a dash of hot sauce to your slaw for an extra kick.
The cilantro slaw can be made in 24 hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator. The flavors meld together beautifully overnight.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Store shrimp separately from tortillas and toppings.
Calories: 265 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 733mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 11.5mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 2.3mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.