Collection of 14 tasty recipes made with ripe bananas. Banana is one fruit which is cheap, nutritious and is available easily through out the year.
Bananas are very much packed with nutrition and are a very healthy fruit and we don’t have to shell out lot of money for one dozen of banana as compared to the prices of apple, mangoes, pomegranates or blueberries.
In most Indian homes overripe bananas are always there and if you want to know how to use them in delectable desserts, then this banana recipe collection will help you.
In this post I have shared recipes made with ripe bananas. In case you are interested in unripe banana recipes then I have already shared a Collection of 14 unripe banana recipes.
1. Banana Bread – Eggless and made with wholemeal flour, this delicious banana bread is light, soft, and perfectly sweet. One of my post popular baking recipes tried successfully by many of our readers.
2. Banana Cake – This Banana Cake is a delicious, one-bowl vegan recipe made from mashed ripe bananas, walnuts and whole wheat flour. Tasty and a bit healthier than traditional Cakes, this quick and easy eggless Banana Cake recipe is refreshingly light, pillowy soft and incredibly moist.
3. Banana Smoothie – This is a healthy, delicious and filling vegan smoothie made with ripe bananas, coconut milk and flavored with cinnamon powder. I suggest you try this smoothie recipe whenever you need a tasty, satisfying, and filling drink.
4. Pazham pori recipe – a popular snack from Kerala made with ripe bananas. Preparing these banana fritters are very easy. Maida or all purpose flour is used for the batter and then these fritters are deep fried.
5. Banana Appam – sweet appams or paniyarams made with ripe bananas, rice flour and jaggery. These banana appam make for a healthy sweet snack. I used overripe bananas to make these. However, you can even use ripe bananas.
6. Banana muffins – easy to prepare eggless and vegan banana muffins made with wholemeal flour. You can use ripe bananas or overripe bananas to make these muffins. Baked to perfection in just 30 minutes, enjoy these delicious muffins with breakfast or as a midday snack.
7. Mangalore buns – mildly sweet fried bread made with mashed banana, flour and sugar. These sweet banana buns or poori as they are known is a specialty dish from the Mangalore region in Karnataka.
These sweet Mangalore buns can be had as breakfast or even as a sweet snack.
8. Banana Pancake – quick and tasty pancakes made with bananas, wholemeal flour and jaggery. You can skip the jaggery or you can add unrefined raw sugar or maple syrup instead of jaggery. Overall a healthy vegan pancake recipe.
9. Banana Shake – light and delicious milkshake made with ripe bananas and thin coconut milk. Instead of coconut milk you can also use regular milk.
10. Banana sheera – a sweet dessert made with rava and bananas. Often made as prasad during ganesh puja or satyanarayan puja or devi puja or for any auspicious occasion.
11. Banana Mousse – easy and a quick ‘no cook’ dessert recipe of banana mousse. This recipe also doesn’t involve any cooking and has no sign of gelatin or agar agar in it.
12. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – This is a simple no fuss eggless, vegan baking recipe of making a quick sweet bread and that too with whole wheat flour.
The recipe is a one bowl recipe and adapted from my Eggless Banana Bread recipe. All you need are some ripe or overripe bananas. You can even add frozen bananas.
14. Strawberry smoothie – a creamy delicious smoothie full on with the flavors and taste of strawberries. To thicken the smoothie I have added one banana in the smoothie.
15. Methi na Gota recipe – These Delicious Methi pakoras are a Gujarati deep fried snack. Basically these are fritters made with besan (gram flour) and fenugreek leaves (methi leaves). they are usually served as a snack during tea time.
This Banana Recipes post from the blog archives first published in July 2016 has been republished and updated on 2nd August 2022.